8:27:00 PM
0
My sister makes an awesome quiche and you can get really creative with the ingredients you use. She swaps out cheeses that she has on hand rather than always using Swiss. I decided to put together a couple of my own recipes using the basic ingredients. I did two quiche since I purchased the deep dish crust and they come in packs of two. I'm not that good at crust yet so I cheated! Either way this was a very inexpensive and fun recipe to make. 


Quiche

1 cup imitation krab(crab) diced
1/2 cup bay shrimp (about 1/4 pound)
1/2 cup chopped red onions
1 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese (I used shredded Colby Jack)
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 9 inch deep dish frozen pie crust (thawed) 
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup half and half cream

Preheat oven to 400ºF
In a medium bowl mix the krab, shrimp, onions, and both cheeses. Place this mix in the bottom of the thawed pie crust. 
Mix the eggs and half and half in a bowl. Pour the egg mixture over the cheese mixture. As you are pouring you may need to move the mix around to get the eggs not to spill over the edge. 

Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350ºF  and bake for an additional 35 minutes, until the top of the quiche begins to turn brown. 

Let the quiche set for about 15 minutes once removed from the oven before slicing. 


Eggs added to cheese mixture

Finished Quiche out of the oven


Sausage Mushroom before Cooking
You can do lots of combinations. My other quiche was a sausage mushroom. 

1 cup of pre-cooked and drained sausage, crumbled
3/4 cup of sliced brown mushrooms
1/4 cup chopped red onions

The other "breakfast" quiche that my sister makes is this:

3/4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
1/2 cup chopped red onion



Finished Sausage Mushroom 

Popular Posts

FACEBOOK LINK

Shoot me an Email!

Name

Email *

Message *

Shop Now

Canning Accessories

Pressure Canners