Quick post to post another of the recipes that came from Las Vegas Memorial Day Weekend canning!
Peach Rhubarb Jam - Small Batch!
2 cups peaches, chopped
2 cups rhubarb, chopped
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 T. bottled lemon juice
1 1/2 T. pectin
makes 3 half pints
Cooking: In a stainless steel pot combine peaches and rhubarb. Under medium heat combine fruits and cook till have broken down, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Add sugar and lemon juice and continue to cook for 10 minutes more or until sugar is completely dissolved. Bring up the heat and bring recipe to a boil. Add pectin stirring in completely. Bring it back to a boil and do not stir for one minute. This will help activate the pectin. Remove from heat immediately.
Processing: Ladle jam into hot, sterlized half pint canning jars, leaving 1/4" headspace. Remove air bubbles and refill if necessary. Wipe rims with wet paper towel and add hot lids and rings.
Process in water bath canner for 10 minutes. You will start timing once the water comes to a full boil.
Popular Posts
-
Barbara I want to first apologize for not investigating this recipe further. I have been asked about "stuffed" cabbage rolls and r...
-
Since I just made this sauce I wanted to make sure that this process was shared with others! Standard Tomato Sauce From National C...
-
It's always a bonus when you get free fruits and veggies from those who just can't use them or will go to waste. You take the opport...
-
For the last few years I have not seen a tomato paste recipe that has been actually tested safely for water bath or pressure canning. This m...
-
I don't know about you but when I go out for sushi the pickled ginger is just as good as the raw fish. It always surprises me that until...
-
The answer is in the consistency and below you will see a brief description of each of the types of recipes we make in canning. You will al...
-
Chicken is simple to 'put up" in the pressure canner and sometimes changing up the flavor to complete more of base for a future me...
-
What is a PawPaw? Fruit: The pawpaw is the largest edible fruit native to America. Individual fruits weigh 5 to 16 ounces and are 3 to 6 in...
-
Homemade Chocolate Syrup/Sauce Ingredients 1 1/2 cups water 3 cups sugar 1 1/2 cups Dutch-processed cocoa 1 tablespoon vani...
-
I have looked at six enchilada sauce recipes and there is a huge variation in the spices and flavors in all of the recipes. Tomatoes are the...