I have to admit I missed the cranberries since last years cranberry extravaganza. They are so versatile and there were fruits that I wanted to pare with them, but they were out of season by the time cranberries came in season. I have been saving a few choice fruits in my freezer from the spring/summer crop and will be working on some new jam flavors over the holidays. But for now I am excited to get the first pot of cranberries on the stove.
I had some fuji apples and I wanted to get a first run jam on the stove with the cranberries so I put together these great flavors and made a Cranapple Cinnamon jam.
Cranapple Cinnamon jam
2 cups fresh cranberries
2 cups chopped apples
2 cups apple juice or water
2 - 3" cinnamon sticks
2 T. bottled lemon juice
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 T. Ball flex batch low sugar no sugar pectin
Prepare 4 half pint jars, lids, and rings.
In a stainless steel pot combine cranberries, apples, and juice/water. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Once at a boil reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes until cranberries start popping and apples are becoming soft. Add cinnamon sticks and cook an additional 15 minutes stirring occasionally at a simmer. Add sugar and bottled lemon juice to the mixture and bring back to a boil. Remove cinnamon sticks. Add pectin and boil for an additional minute without stirring. Turn off heat and remove from flame. Stir recipe and it should be thicker than before.
Ladle into your sterilized jars and fill to 1/4" headspace. Remove air bubbles and refill to proper headspace if needed. Wipe rims, add hot lids and rings and place jars in water bath canner. Process jars in canner for 10 minutes once the water come back to a full rolling boil.
Remove jars and let cool on the counter overnight. The next day label top of lid with "Cranapple Cinnamon Jam" and the date canned. Remove the ring for long term storage.
Popular Posts
-
Barbara I want to first apologize for not investigating this recipe further. I have been asked about "stuffed" cabbage rolls and r...
-
Since I just made this sauce I wanted to make sure that this process was shared with others! Standard Tomato Sauce From National C...
-
It's always a bonus when you get free fruits and veggies from those who just can't use them or will go to waste. You take the opport...
-
For the last few years I have not seen a tomato paste recipe that has been actually tested safely for water bath or pressure canning. This m...
-
What is a PawPaw? Fruit: The pawpaw is the largest edible fruit native to America. Individual fruits weigh 5 to 16 ounces and are 3 to 6 in...
-
The answer is in the consistency and below you will see a brief description of each of the types of recipes we make in canning. You will al...
-
I don't know about you but when I go out for sushi the pickled ginger is just as good as the raw fish. It always surprises me that until...
-
Chicken is simple to 'put up" in the pressure canner and sometimes changing up the flavor to complete more of base for a future me...
-
I have looked at six enchilada sauce recipes and there is a huge variation in the spices and flavors in all of the recipes. Tomatoes are the...
-
Dian posted a picture to my FB page that I couldn't resist adding to my site. When you think about a dessert topping many wouldn'...