10:51:00 AM
3

I went to the grocery store and found a great price on Plums. These are white plums meaning that the flesh inside is white rather than the pink or dark purple. I wanted to make a batch of plum preserve that was different than the black plum I had done a few months prior. I bought 3 lbs and used my previous fruit preserve recipe for canning.
Here is the Plum preserve recipe:

(White) Plum Preserve
5 cups plums, peeled, pitted and diced
4 cups sugar
1 cup water

Combine all ingredients in a large saucepot. Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cook rapidly almost to gelling point. As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking. Cooking to 220 degrees will be perfect consistency. Ladle into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space. Adjust two-piece lid caps. Process 10 minutes at a full boil in a boiling water canner.

Popular Posts

FACEBOOK LINK

Shoot me an Email!

Name

Email *

Message *

Shop Now

Canning Accessories

Pressure Canners